1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt dogg 2000 auger motor question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Drottlawn, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I have seen that buyers now has a new higher hp/torq motor out for the auger. My question is what brought this on? I own two of these units and they have been great! UNTIL this year, my least used one has been overloading on me alot. At first I thought it was the salt freezing up in it. Nope! It finally freed itself and work good for the rest of that load. Just figured it was the weight of the salt on it since it was full at the time. Well recently, whether it has 100lbs or 3000lbs it will do it very randomly. It is getting very annoying now.
    Long story short, does this mean I have to buy the new motor? My other one that has spread many many more tons of salt, works like day one.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. :waving:

By the way both were purchased at the same time and both have the good white face controllers! :)
  2. npi9181

npi9181 Member

some times not using some thing every day will not extend it's life the new motor is huge compared to the old one . Also I would empty it out and wash it up check for some thing in the auger I have found all sorts of stuff that made it's way in and get tangled up in the auger wood, shingles, plastic sheeting etc. did you grease it
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I greased it and check the trough for obstructions. Clean as can be.