1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg 2 cubic yard spreader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firehog13, Oct 25, 2009.

1. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Finally got my truck back with the new Salt Dogg 2 cubic yard spreader and a new back window that got smashed by the company installing it . I also had Firestone air bags plus Timbern blocks installed to help the ride and now she glides like a Cadillac down the highway. I'll have to get some more photos with the plow on once it starts snowing.
    Cheerstymusicwesport

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

2. DCL

DCL Member

Looks sweet man. Have you used the poly spreaders before? Do you prefer them over steel if so why?

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks great.

Those salters sit really high. Are you going to put some extra lighting on it?

4. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Hey man you will love that spreader if you use salt. We have 2 of them and they work grate. I run all salt but my buddy has one and runs sand and salt and it works pretty good. Just empty it after every time because they freeze up very easily.

5. firehog13

firehog13 Member

I have a 8 foot stainless steel and now a poly salt dogg. First time trying a poly and I can't wait to see how she holds up, my steel one is heavy but has still going strong into its 8th year, plus it's made me a lot of money and I love money.LOL

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice truck
    cast wait to see the plow on

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great!!!

Nice Truck!!!

8. DCL

DCL Member

gotcha. good luck with it dude.

9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, planning to put more light on the back of it?

10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Did you build the frame like the suggest to stop it from shifting and support the salter??

You can keep salt in it overnight if its not wet. I've kept a yard of treated in it for most of the winter after a storm.

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

best of luck with the new rig. that salter looks huge on that truck.:nod:

12. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

NICE! Did you put timbrens up front?

13. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

just bought the same salter.....wiring is all in.....will not be able to actually set the salter in the truck until leaf season is over.... I have a 4 head LED amber light bar coming for the back of the salter.... Might add a brake light as well... I have 2 LED floods to install as well...

14. firehog13

firehog13 Member

There is a bracket installed at the front of the bed to stop the salter from sliding around.
    tymusic

15. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Ya the Timberns are in the front but I still haven't hooked the plow up with them installed to see the difference. Can't wait to smash the snow around and show it who's BOSS. LOLtymusicwesport

16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

You might want to think about making a rubber skirt for the back of the truck to help with the salt from flying and hitting the bumper and other areas. I made one from my tailgate and truckcraft spreader and they work great. Looks great, good luck this year

17. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

how about some pics of that

18. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Where did they run the wires into the cab??

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You'll like it. I think the first time you fill that Dogg with salt you will add them or air bags in the rear. I know I did.

20. firehog13

firehog13 Member

Hey I had Firestone airbags installed at the same time as the Timbrens can't wait to load them up.