1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg 1500 Controller Problems

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by dodge2500, Nov 29, 2011.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I have two Salt Dogg 1500 spreaders and one 2000. Love the spreaders but have had multiple controller problems. One of them has the old school controller and we have had no problems. One has burned up 2 controlers in less than a year. The spreader was bought new Dec 10,2010 and the controller died in January. I went to text the spreader and controller yesterday and it was bad again. I tried the old school controller in the same truck and it works fine. Is there any new controller or better fix for this problem? I love the spreaders but don't want to keep them if I have to continually fight the controllers and have to buy new ones. They are not cheap. The first one was warrantied and I think this next one should be as well and the dealer was supposed to send it in today to see if it would be warrantied. Can anyone help me with this problem???

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

there are old an new controllers floating around, the new ones have an inline fuse between the controller and the plug, they will also have 2011 date on it

3. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks for the response. The controller says it was manufactured August of 2010.