1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg 10cu TGS06 Feedback

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by KAG, Dec 14, 2009.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I need to get a tailgate spreader and was intersted in this model but I figure before I buy I should get some feedback from guys that already own it. Thanks for the insight.

2. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Even though information was just pouring in I went ahead and ordered one today. I did make sure they specifically ordered the new module that's out for it. I called around to the 3 dealers in the state and 1 said he carries the plow but would not carry the spreaders anymore. Another one priced it out to where it was more expensive than the same size Snow Ex spreader. The last one had a fair price for it installed, it was $1358.00. So I went a head and paid for it and he said he would order it today. All 3 said they had bad luck with them last season but hopefully the new module will help this out. The price point was too good on the TGS06, plus I like my Snow Dogg plow so.....

I know its a slow topic but any quirks others have had or tips would be of great help related to this spreader.

While I was calling around I also was pricing a VX9.5 for my 1ton to maybe put on it but all the prices were $5500 -$5800 installed. They just priced themselves out on the V-plow for this brand.

.......and just 10 days ago I was not going to plow this year and now before the winter is over I will have another 10k invested :)

3. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I too have a tgs06 for the first time this year and so far i really like it. Your prices for the vx9.5 seem really high. The dealer around here was selling them right at $4 grand and like $3800 for the 8.5

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have had my TGS06 salt dogg for a year now. Been an awesome spreader. The flow adjuster thing by the auger was a real pain in the arse to get the hang of at first, but now I got it down good. Not very heavy so I can mount and dismount it by myself. Always flow real good, even if the material inside is a lil damp. Hit the vibrator and it will shake out good. I am curious though about the new module you guys are talking about??

5. KAG

KAG Senior Member

This is good to hear

My understanding is that Buyers is sending out a newer module that has updates to it for their spreaders to help resolve some problems they have had with the old unit. I believe it comes with every new unit now sold now and is sent to dealers on units under warranty if a unit is brought in and they have had problems.

6. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Well I called the dealer today to reconfirm my appointment for the morning to put on my New Buyers Salt Dogg spreader that I ordered a week ago. I really need to get it put on as a winter freezing rain storm is forecast for tomorrow night.

The dealer said the salt spreader had not came in and when they called and checked on it today they said it had not even shipped yet from Buyers. SO.....I canceled my Buyers salt spreader and bought a BOSS TGS1100 11cf salt spreader, it was only $300 more than the Buyers 10cf spreader and it will be installed in the am.

Hopefully if all goes well I will have it paid for by the end of the week. Just no patience for items ordered a week ago still sitting on the dock.