1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dogg 100lb push spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by metallihockey88, Oct 29, 2010.

1. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

well didnt work out to go out on my own this year and parents just got a new driveway so no salt spreading there so this thing needs to go, sick of it sitting in the yard. no need for it unfortunately. this will be its 3rd season in service. its the wb100 100lb spreader. you can still feel the little knobs on the tires which shows it hasnt seen much use. unfortunately its been sitting for a while so theres some surface rust on the metal parts from the previous guy not taking very good care of it. it rolls ok, a little resistance but rolls smooth. a little cleanup and a good coat of fluid film and grease and this thing will be ready to go. new they are about $190-$210. im looking get $80 for it. its priced to go so im pretty firm on that price. let me know if your interested. might be able to help with delivery or meet if needed.

spreader 1.JPG

spreader 2.JPG

spreader 3.JPG

spreader 4.JPG

2. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

I'd be willing to pick it up next week for $60... I'm not too far from you.

3. metallihockey88

im pretty firm on that $80 this soon into posting it for sale but i might be out in your area tommorow early afternoon if that does anything for ya

4. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

Well, I am heading out to East Chicago today to pull my boat and winterize it, so I wont be around till tonight. If you don't move it this weekend, e-mail me your @ accuratecarriers@aol.com, and I'll give you a call...

5. metallihockey88

no one does sidewalks anymore? sure plenty of people need a nice spreader for sidewalks or small lots. this thing is a good as new for less then half the price.

6. plowin-thru

plowin-thru Junior Member

i'd take it but im in canada, eh! :) 100 delivered? hahaha

7. metallihockey88

Lol not playin hockey anymore so don't spend much time north of the UP of michigan now

8. plowin-thru

plowin-thru Junior Member

hey we drive the same truck, but i have 8' poly ultra...think i got room for a salter on it or will i be pushing the limit? last year i had a 2500 diesel so it was not a problem

9. metallihockey88

you talkin about the same as my gmc? actually dont have that truck anymore. i only ran a 7 1/2 on it and it dragged on the ground (personally think GM's hold plows like ***** without some front end suspension work) but im sure with some timbrens in the front it would hold the plow fine and a tailgate spreader would be no problem with that truck. seen tons of guys with that setup. youll be fine.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  10. cti531

cti531 Member

I'd take it for $80 but I am in the Milwaukee area...How far would you be willing to go to meet me?

11. metallihockey88

hmmm. not gonna be up north anytime soon i dont think. used to spend a lot of time out in fox lake or gurnee area but not so much lately. ill let you know, see what next week brings for work.

12. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Going to be out near bloomingdale at all? I'm interested.....

13. metallihockey88

Gonna be arlington heights weds or thurs. Not far from bloomingdale

14. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

PM sent.........

15. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

can you fit it in a flat rate box from the postal service..........LOL!!! Really need this but i am guessing shipping is out of the question!

16. metallihockey88

lol i was thinking about it. it doesnt weigh too much so shipping wouldnt be too bad but through out all my big boxes recently so dont really feel like goin on a big box hunt. looks like its gettin dropped off this morning to a new home

17. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

is this sold yet??? any problems ?

18. metallihockey88

spreader is gone, it is sold. thanks again eric