1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt dogg 1.5 poly

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SNOWANDICEMAN, Mar 14, 2012.

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

2 year old salt dogg poly spreader 1.5 yards cap. Auger driven by electric has tarp with hold downs well maintained like new condition has lights on rear of unit for backing up and for seeing material being discharged from sander also has led lights on sander also. Will send pictures on request by private message.

Great unit no disappointments.
  3. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

How much ?

2800 like new condition you wont be disappointed.
  5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Might want to do some checking on you price. I bought a brand new 2.0 this year for $3048. Not saying your going to not sell it but this time of year and the way winter has been..............you see where I'm going with this LOL!!!

I here ya, ill give it a week then ill wait until the fall, to sell it we cant have another winter like this past one. I hope not. LOL
  7. Pat Brigs

Pat Brigs Junior Member

wkahler -

That's a gret price. Where did you get your 2.0 and are you happy with it?

I am thinking of getting either 1.5 or 2.0 for my 2006 Dodge 3500 diesel (extended cab w 6.5' bed).

Do you think a 2.0 would be too much for that truck with a 8.5 Western V-plow?

Appreciate any help. Thanks.
  8. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

No you are fine. I have a 2 yard in my chevy 2500 shortbed. I have airbags on rear to help and a wideout out front. You are more than fine
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

10. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

11. BigBladePusher

BigBladePusher Member

Would this go in a half ton?
  12. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I don't understand why everybody gets so upset if someone calls a seller out on the asking price of an item. If you buy something and pay more than you should have because you failed to do the research, then why do you expect to sell that poor purchase off to someone else at higher than market value? I find it absurd to think that you feel that someone should spend more for a 2 year old unit than what the same unit costs new. Those 1.5 yd units are $1500 - $2000 in decent shape all day long. We just bought 2 of the 2 yd units for $1800 ea. Sure you'll see them for more than that, but they don't sell.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  13. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Depending on his location it may not be out of line with his price. I found Angelos is extremely cheap on their salter pricing. They were $450 cheaper than my dealer (3hrs from Angelos) on a Buyers tailgate model. Shipping was only $116 so it was a no brainer. I wouldn't be surprised if that unit was $500 more where he got it. I don't think anyone beats Angelo's prices.