1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Dog SHPE2000 Wiring Question

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ChicagoClean, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ChicagoClean

ChicagoClean Junior Member
    from Chicago

We just purchased our first Buyers SaltDog PHPE2000 Poly V Salter. Only issue is that when the old owner took out off the harness from his truck he took off wires from plug (the part on harness that connects to controller in the truck). I need help with what wires go in which holes on the plug. There are 6 wires. If anyone has a picture of their plug that would work or any info on wiring. I have searched everywhere and can't find anything and really want to get this on myself ASAP before the snow. Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

There are 2 plugs,not a plug.Just did a check for you for a pic.Go to Ebay,type in Salt Dogg harness.The one for $240 shows a fairly nice pic of I think what you're looking for. Good luck.

3. ChicagoClean

from Chicago

Sorry I meant main wiring harness. Not the power side. I'll take a look. I just haven't had luck finding a good picture of the plug where it shows the color of the wires. It's driving me crazy. I appreciate your help.

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I heard you correctly the first time. The main harness coming through your firewall hooking up to your controller there are 6 wires.3 go to one plug,2 to another,one has a spade connector for power I believe.Go to Ebay where I said and you will see what you need.

5. ChicagoClean

from Chicago

Sorry about that. Maybe there are two types if plugs. Mine has one round plug that has 6 wired go into. I'm going to try and take a picture. I cant seem to find a good picture online that will help me reference.