1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt controller mounting spots

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Nov 2, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I just bought a buyers spreader for my truck and I am trying to figure out where to mount the controller and I would like it to look good too. I have a 04 gmc sierra with a full center counsel. Any pics and help would be great. I will post pics of the spreader in a few days.

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I mounted mine in the ashtray pop out but I have a dodge. I will have a picture up in a day, perhaps it will give you ideas.

I have a western with a handheld so I put it on the right side so I can just poke it with a finger on or off without putting down the controller.

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Is it this box?

buyers spred cont..jpg

4. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Ryan, If you want to see how I've got my spreader controller mounted on my 07, just ask.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Here is my controller. I wish I had one like yours though. It looks alot nicer. I would like it so I doesn't have to mouted into the plastic on the dash and leave holes in it. but yet I want to be able to use it without any problems and have it in a reachable spot. Hey Troy, when Might be a time I could look at your controller? I am going to be out and about today around 3 ish. Otherwise maybe tommorrow?

Spreader control.jpg

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

PM sent...

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Use quick-contect wire ends, and mount it at the edge of the seat, that way in the spring you can un-plug it and keep it safe till next winter.

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i had the box you have in our 91 dodge and it burnt up and we got the box clapper has and it is so much nice to have and control so if that one goes which it most likely will get the nice one

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I accually would like to get the one clapper has, but I am broke until I get paid. Plus this one works just fine so why not use it? Right. Also the controller has all quick disconnects on it. Must have been factory because they are pretty nice connectors.

Nobody has an pics of there controllers mounted in there truck?

10. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

They retail for around 130 around here, seen them new on ebay for 1/2 that.

We have 2 boxes like it and they are nice. We have tree stands in out trucks that we mount them to that way every things at your finger tips.

You could use the quick-conects, and bolt the box to a pice of wood, run a strap around your seat back to the wood, and it would be right at the edge of your seat.

I know guys who run the wires up the crack in the seat, and just let the box lay on the seat.

Speaking of boxes, tom we need to get your in!!!

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

say what??????

12. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Not you, The other tom LOL

13. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I have the same controller Clapper has mounted on the trans hump on a Western joystick tower. It's right there and fully adjustable for position.

Clapper......does your on off button light up when on? Or no. My display screen lights up but I have to believe that switch lights up. Mine doesn't.

:confused:

14. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Both of the ones I have do not light up, the LCD dose but not the swich, which makes me mad, we use the same style swich for the light bars and they light up, it seams like it should.