1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt connectors needed on a Sunday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoworks1, Feb 14, 2016.

1. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

I purchased a used Snow ex 6000 salt spreader and restored it. Hooked it up today and found out that the connectors to the controller are bad.

Anyone no who would carry a D6170 Connector adaptor(6" Anderson) and is open on a Sunday?

I am in the Chicagoland area. I will call advanced, in wheeling in the morning, as they usually are opened when a storm is a brewing. But if that fails, just wondering if anyone else has leads.

Thanks,

CGB

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Put some pics up of what u are looking for.

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Napa???????

4. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

No store in the Toledo metro are had those little Anderson connectors. They are tough to find, I tried Detroit metro as well as Cleveland and Columbus metro areas to no avail. It ended up I overnighted a new pigtail in.
    Did they melt? Mine were and we found the cause was the spinner motor had corrosion and was drawing to much power through the controller. My advice would be to check your motors thoroughly for any corrosion.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If the leads are long enough, any connector that is made to carry the amps will work. Or just hard wire it for now. You have installed the appropriate fuses??

6. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

All four leads were pulled out of the connectors. I spent 3 hours researching these little suckers, I think I can pull the metal terminals out of the plastic housing, now that I no how they are put together!

That's for the replies!!

CGB

7. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Found replacements on my first call, definitely not the norm!!!

8. Drano0127

Drano0127 Junior Member

Did you figure it out?

We stock those connectors in our shop since we have so many issues with them. We seem to be fixing snowex spreaders all the time.

9. snoworks1

snoworks1 Senior Member

Drano,

Yes we got it working, but the connectors to the controller box is sketchy at best. They should have a connector with a screw attachment, like you have on a computer monitor. The original wire loom is so heavy, it basically pulls out just from gravity. You have to do some wire tie magic, to get it to set right and not put out an error code.

When I have time I will purchase the 6" replacement kit, with smaller diameter wires and fix it, the way I want it, for good. The different size wires and I metal clip mounted to the controller, that holds up the wire loom, should work best.

Thanks for your response.

FYI - I will probably buy two kits, just in case!!! Oh, this snowex 6000 blows away my Pro Flo, I am glad I switched!!!

Sincerely,

CGB