1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Capacity for a 72" low profile skidsteer bucket

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by CK82, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Anyone know how much a leveled off 72" low profile skidsteer bucket will hold. Please help I have to sell some salt to a friend tomorrow. I believe it is around 1200lbs. but I am not certain.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Weigh it and then you'll know. You could fill it up and then weigh one 5 gallon pail on a bathroom scale and then count how many buckets it takes. really wouldn't take very long and then you know.
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Not a bad idea Dave... If you have bagged salt to spare, fill the bucket using 50# bags.
    How are you pricing what you're selling him? Buy the bucket, the pound? Are you filling a dump or v box for a friend?
  4. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

That's how I did it. Our 72" low bucket holds 1200 lbs plus or minus.
  5. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I think I will try the bucket idea. One five gallon bucket holds about 40lbs. So that will work. Thanks!
  6. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Look at the back of the bucket it should have a plate with the capacity on it. Its often riveted on. You'll probly be around .75yds.