1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt brine Storage

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kmamark2000, Dec 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. kmamark2000

kmamark2000 Senior Member

How long can salt brine be stored in an above ground plastic tank? Does it have to be remixed after time?

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure how long it can be, but I have had some for 2.5 years and is still fine. Some outside in tank and totes other inside both are fine and ready to use. Mix to 23.3% should be fine.

3. kmamark2000

2 1/2 years? Wow, I was worried about 2-3 weeks. That's all I needed to know. Thank you very much. Appreciate the help.

4. kmamark2000

Where can I get a hydrometer? I have been searching locally and can't find a place. maybe I missed somewhere.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm not sure if its what you need but I have one from pet store for my salt water aquarium

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

7. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Yes most pet stores with salt water fish should have one for a few bucks. You can also go fancy and get a refractometer but its about $80

8. Under Pressure5

Under Pressure5 Junior Member

Guys, quick question for you. We started making our own salt brine. We can't seem to find any other local company making and selling salt brine. Any idea what a going rate for 23.3% brine might be? ($ per gallon) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and I've had brine sitting for a year and it's still as good as new.

Thanks
    Mark