1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

salt brine in CT?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JCPM, Aug 16, 2011.

1. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Does anybody know if there's any salt brine or liquid de-icer material for sale in central CT? I'd like to add a liquid de-icing unit but don't want to have to build and store a mixing tank.

2. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

We sell liquid calcium choloride, Located in Central CT, let me know if you need pricing.

3. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah id love some prices. I have a Magic dealer right here in town but its really expensive. Call me when you have a chance at 860-347-6333.

4. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

give us a ring we have a distrubitor over there or we can ship direct from michigan Thanks
    877 3 4BRINE

5. bharkness

bharkness Junior Member

Give us a call we can ship to you from MI. MCS 800-286-7312

Brad

6. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Please keep in mind, when you need material mid-winter to give us a call. Michigan is a far drive when you have storms rolling West to East, not to mention truckers have specific hours they are allowed to drive and then must be off the road for another specified number of hours.

800-221-5105

7. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

We've been shipping out that way for years!!!!! Getting brine to a guy on the east coast has never been a problem. We will get out there, no matter what the weather.

8. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

we manufacture our own brine in newington. message me if you want pricing rite now its around 85 cents a gallon.

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Make sure you compare apples to apples.Salt brine can be as cheap as 10 cents in material per gal(plus your labor).Well brine is a mix of chlorides, Here in the ne your probably looking at a mix ie sodium/calcium mix.These local guys can steer you in the right direction(prob their way lol )If you get well brine from mid west don't forget you'll need big, big storage tanks.Keep us updated

10. Broncslefty7

We make brine using salt and calcium 80/20 it works pretty well, then we balance the corrosiveness so it's not too bad on the trucks.

11. Broncslefty7

We started making a non corrosive mix for sidewalks this year we where only able to test it this morning, and it melted everything that came down. We applied it Saturday morning.