1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt brine application

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pabaker66, Feb 22, 2012.

1. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

The subject has been talked about in great detail and with the help of Kabota and many others my new homemade system is complete and working. The one aspect of this I have not seen discussed is What do you charge to apply it? Do you charge by the mile? do you charge by the gallon? Most may not want to share this but it is worth asking.

Thanks

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Keep it simple - per application. Your time, materials etc are your personal numbers to figure your pricing.

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Yupp i charge per app. just as anything else. Some guys charge by the ton just as you would if it was rock salt. Then add on their own set number for as "leigh" stated, times and other things like equip. etc.

When i sat down i figured out how much the material was costing me then added my hourly rate which included all expenses.. plus a little bit to make some profit off of!

FYI if you are going from rock to liquid as the conversion of "1 ton(of rock) = 100-125 gallons" Helped me out.

4. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I had the same question when I started. Charge the same as you would with bulk rock salt.

5. edmuhlb

edmuhlb Junior Member

I am bidding on a church parking lot they asked about pre treating . I do not have away of using liquid. will rock salt or calcium work.

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1452922#post1452922 Post # 275 Picture.

The least expensive way to be able to anti-ice "pre-treat".