1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by HOLLYWOOD, Oct 30, 2003.

1. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

i run bulk salt with a pro flow 2 spreader on my dump. does any have a salt box in there bed ? like a wooden one to keep salt dry.

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Welcome to Plowsite!

I just use a piece of 3\4 ply wood, on a couple of 1x3 pieces of wood for blocking to keep it out of any standing water. Then tarp as needed. Not perfect but does what I needed. I believe others have posted here in the past about boxes they built for this purpose, if you want to search for those threads.

I just reread your post, I am doing that with my pick up with a bed liner. When I had that spreader on my dump truck, I just used the dump bed. If I needed to leave it in there, I tilted the bed with the tailgate cracked to allow water to drain out. Again, not perfect, but did what I needed.

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Sell the Pro Flow early in the sesason like now. Take that money for an undertailgate spreader and central hyd. I think I have about $6000.00 into the Hyd, and spreader. The time you spend shoveling the salt alone will be worth the money. Not to mention getting out in during a storm just to load the spreader instead of just raising the dump a few time to feed the spreader from in side the warm cab. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck