1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Box paint

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by McGaw, Oct 24, 2009.

1. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I just found a few salt boxes. $60 each. They measure L31 W23 H32. They are grey, and I'm just wondering what sort of paint would I need to use to paint them, and to ensure the paint won't come off in the winter elements?
    Also, is $60 ea. a good deal?

Thanks alot

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

here are the prices i just got for some snow ex boxes i was going to use for calcium at the shopping centers i do
    #550...about 500 lbs ......299.00
    #1100 .......399.00
    #1800 about 1750 lbs......499.00
    i didn't realize from the pics that the boxes were this big (and expensive, it's just plastic) so i'm going to make my own,
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Did you get them from Forest City Plastics?...we're talking about them on the Canadian Weather Thread-post a pic or two there if you have them please.
  4. McGaw

McGaw Senior Member

5. xtreem3d

the forest city plastics boxes are more the size i was looking for..
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  6. xtreem3d

adam...these are plastic, correct? i originally thought they were metal and you wanted them painted..are you just wanting a custom look to the plastic? paint might not stick so well in a harsh environment.could the boxes have been "layed up" with the color in the palstic instead of painted?
  7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Krylon fusion would work to paint them.