1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Bin

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grsp, Oct 11, 2011.

1. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

I thought I would share our new salt bin. Works really well. The back wall is the large concrete blocks. We need to install the back wall still. The shipping containers are 8' x 40'. And we put 4 coats of an industrial grade paint on the outside surface of them. The paint rep expects us to not have to repaint for at least 5 years.

salt bin.jpg

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

looks good, what kind of industrial paint did you use

3. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I like it. Where'd you get the roof?

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Looks good and interesting idea.

We build ours of all mafia blocks putting in a 3rd one now the guys are. www.teksupply.com

The one we are building now is 34' wide 40' deep and 24.5' tall with the pony all out of the blocks.

5. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

call teksupply get a quote and do not buy and within 3 weeks they will call and offer you a 10% discount if you have the time waite about 3 more weeks and the will do free freight also.

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Thanks for the tip.

7. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

hahah And if you get really lucky, You will get a "NEW" catalog every 2 weeks like i do