1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Bin w/ Cover-Concrete Blocks-$1300.00 OBO

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snowconcepts, Mar 24, 2009.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I have a salt bin that I no longer use. I have 33 concrete blocks-$34.00 X 33 =$1122.00 invested . Also Waldo's Greenhouse Supply designed a roof for this bin aprox cost w/ plastic $1600.00. Also included is metal beams as seen in pic for a curtain. Total I have invested in this bin aprox. $2800.00. I have had no problems with it holding up to the wind. Also included is enough plastic to cover the bin again, this is actual greenhouse plastic not the thin cheap stuff. I am selling this as a complete kit. You will have to tear down the roof and remove the blocks. It measures aprox. 24x24. I'm asking $1300.00 OBO. If any questions please feel free to ask. I am located in Toledo, Ohio. Thanks Chris
  2. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Pic of salt bin.

Forgot to include pic of salt bin.

3. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

how much dose those blocks weigh iam interested if if i can get it all in one trailer load
  4. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I do believe they weigh #2000 a piece.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Those blocks are way more then 2,000lbs, I would say closer to 4,000lbs.

Do the math, a 3X3X3 block weighs 3,000lbs.
  6. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

According to the CONCRETE COMPANY that made them and delivered to me advised me they weigh aprox #2000 a piece. I am going off what they told me. They are also not 3' wide or 3' tall either. I should have been a little more specific i do believe these blocks are 2X2X4 so it makes the bin aprox. 16x16 actually it measures a little wider.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

Holy crap that is cheap for the concrete blocks. I wish I was closer, I would use them for my mulch bunker.
  8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Bump for a nice set up and price. If I was closer I would be interested.
  9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

unless those are a dfferent size than most thise are 2x2x6 and they do weight 4,000 lbs. ive only ever heard of them being 2x2x3 or 2x2x6. things might be different on ohio than ny but............................ just my 2 cents
  10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Not looking for a fight, but cured concrete weighs about 4000 #s per yard, which is 3x3x3. Those 2x2x4 foots are all we have around here, & weigh about 2300 to 2400 #'s. The only difference would be the local agregate used, give or take 100 #'s or so.
  11. Cat Man 77

Cat Man 77 Member

no offense but the way you stacked the blocks is wrong. they shouldn't be lined up like that. also those look like a 2X2X6 block to me and they weigh 3600-3800 pounds. looks nice though.
  12. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Would you consider seperating? I would like the cover but not the blocks. I have my own. How much for just the covering.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The only reason I am debating this is if someone comes to pick up the blocks they are not going to be able to carry as many as they think. If the cover is 24'X24' then those blocks have to be 6' long. Looking at the ends they also don't look square. The blocks for our salt shed are 8' long. There is no way those are 4' long.

If you have 4 blocks deep on the sides and 3blocks wide across the back how can this thing be square.

I am guessing you have 3 blocks wide because the sides have 24 blocks and you said you have 33 blocks total.

Anyway you look at it that is a cheap price for someone.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  14. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

They are 4000 lbs each, I have the same ones.
  15. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

"Anyway you look at it that is a cheap price for someone." Problem is the trucking will be a killer & the bin is small. Mine is 12 X20 & I just get a trailer load in.
  16. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

How much for the cover. I can get blocks here in cleveland. Where in Toledo is it located. i graduated from UT. Thanks
  17. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I have been able to hold aprox. 100 tons in it and if someone had a larger loader you probably could get more.
  18. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I am willing to sell this seperate if someone is interested. You will be repsonsible for dismantling from blocks.
  19. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I have several guys interested on the cover is anyone interested in the blocks? I am open to offers on the blocks.
  20. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

If anyone has something they would like to trade for this item let me know.