1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt available in Minn

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hydro_37, Nov 23, 2008.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

i tried calling that guy and he never returned call...

3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I talk to him twice about a month ago they are just south of the twin cities, he keep change his rate first time would be $135a ton deliva and then it went to $125 the last time I talk to him. he only use flow boy trailers that carry like 24 tons at a time. theywhere sitting on 1000tons as of last month, also there is a place out of St Louis, called A1 he's want to fill R.R.cars a 1000tons at a time and send them, there prices are on the their web site

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

If this guy is out of Rochester, I called him a while back and he wanted 140 per ton plus delivery.

5. TPC Services

he was by Mankato is what he told me, All thought he was not very forth coming with that, I call him two day's prior to that and nver said a word differant that he was not from Waterloo, IA that s where his post on craigslist was at

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Hmm.. This guy sounds fishy. Has anyone actually ordered or taken delivery?

7. TPC Services

the other thing is I keep getting harassed by this A1salt out of Saint Louis, Mo got a nother email from them yesterday saying they had R.R. cars setting in Dm, with 100tons on them. they only wnt like $153 a ton $125 for the 100 tons and another $28 for shipping but I have not figure this part out it says at 25 ton loads so does that R.R. car cost $112 for the 100 tons then? thats not counting to get out of the rail yard it's setting at to your location!!

I have told them thanks for the info but no I found it for way cheaper closer to hm. and they will not stop bugging me!!!
    got this yesterday
    I HAVE ROCK SALT BY THE RAIL CAR LOAD IN DES MOINES AT A TRANS LOAD LOCATION THESE LOADS HAVE APPROXIMATLY 100 TONS IN EACH CAR. IF YOY DO NOT NEED THIS QUANTITY YOU COULD HAVE THIS DELIVERED TO OTHE END USERS IN YOUR AREA ALL THAT YOU WOULD NEED TO ARRANGE IS TRANS. TO WHAT YOUR LOCATIONS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND ATTENTION. CONTACT INFO IS JACK ANDERSON 618 719-9082 A1SALT .COM WE HAVE RAIL DELIVERY ALL ACROSS THE MIDWEST.

if this is true and not a scam then why is there such a large shortage?????