1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Apps. & Liability

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mojob, Dec 1, 2006.

1. mojob

mojob Member

Forgive me for the post, but it was like finding a needle in a hay stack when I tried to do a search on this topic. It seems to me that liability is a big issue when you are in charge of salt application. You miss a spot and someone slips and the next thing you know you're in court. I'll be doing the snow removal for a condo assoc. and there are a ton of sidewalks and walkways. How do you guys cover your butts when it comes to this? I'm guessing the contract needs to be very specific in this department. How do most of you have your contracts set up when it comes to follow-up salt applications after a storm? Also, I have a broadcast spreader for larger areas, but what do I use for the 3' walkways. I was thinking of using a drop spreader, but was wondering if the salt is too course. One last question and I'll go away. Where is a good place to buy salt in bags, cheap? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. mojob

mojob Member

This got buried before anyone replied.
  3. mojob

mojob Member

OK, I figured out the part about the spreader and the salt price on my own. You mean to tell me that the forty something people that viewed this thread couldn't help me out. Not even a little. I'm not even in the same market as you. Come on, help me out.
  4. KuetherSnow

KuetherSnow Junior Member

all I use is a tailgate spreader then I do walkways with a pail of salt a a small coffee can as for the cya with ins and liability is I just pound the heak out of it with salt and if they dont want it tell them they must sign a release.