1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt Application Pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DeSnowman, Nov 19, 2012.

1. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I am new to the snow business. I have been offered three apartment complexes and a bank. I am currently completing the Bids for the mentioned locations. I am charging 125.00 an hour for plowing services per truck.Sidewalk clearing is 55.00 an hour. Calcium Chloride for the sidewalks is 25.00 per bag spread. Rock salt for the roadways and parking lots is 400.00 a ton. I have a call out fee of 50.00.
    I did provide these same services last year but due to the lack of snow I only did some salt applications, not really make much money. I just wanted to see how my numbers were, and the big questions is do you charge an application fee for the sidewalk when spreading the Calcium Chloride, would it be the clearing fee.

2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if i read it correctly, you are charging 25 for cc spread....so what are you asking?

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Yes. I charge hourly for walks plus calcium. They pay hourly for shoveling/blowing and spreading ice melt.

4. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I think your salt pricing is a little high at 400 a ton. I get salt for 68 ton though.Takes 15 mins to spread. I wouldn't charge the custumer by the ton,ok for bidding figures.I just charge per application- ex 125$ per app etc.

5. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I charge 400 a ton due to using bagged salt. I don't have the capability of loading bulk salt into spreader at this time. My question is in addition to the 25 per bag do you charge a spreading fee, ie for the time the person takes to spread it or is that included in the price of the calcium chloride

6. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Thanks everyone for your in put.

I charge 45 an hour for sidewalk shoveling and clearing would I charge that same amount on top of the cc price

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

charge per bag spread

8. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

yes. .