1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt and Snow removal bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by calvarylandscap, Oct 27, 2009.

1. calvarylandscap

calvarylandscap Junior Member

Hey everyone, I have a question about salt and snow removal. I had a guy call me up wanting 3 commercial lots plowed and salt put down. They are a couple small check cashing places. how do i price out these lots? I went and looked at them and just to plow them it will take about 20min per business. I just have no clue on how to price salt applications. Thanks for everyone's help.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What size are they? 20 minuite lot to me is an acre to you it could be 5 parking spaces.

3. calvarylandscap

snow and salt

the first lot is about 100ft long and 40 ft wide

the second is an "C" shape minus the curve of the "C" lol. The front is about 40ft wide by 50ft long. Then the alley is about 100ft by 8ft. and the back of the building is 50ft long by 10ft wide.

the third is 30ft wide and 30ft long

thanks for your help again!!

4. grandview

Sounds like under 300 pounds.

5. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

roughly about 200 lbs. Rough guestimate

6. calvarylandscap

i'm actually looking to price out the job. I have been plowing for a company but now i am on my own so i don't know how you would price out salt and snow removal. thanks!

7. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

There are a ton of ways to bid salt. Removal of snow i usually do per hour for machine and truck.Salt can be so many lbs. re square inch, some people i know figure the lot by guessing the amount of bags and doubling the cost of the bag to compensate for the labor. This is iffy, sometimes he loses his butt and sometimed he makes a killing. All comes from experience. Trial and error my friend. After this year keep track of how many bags you use per lot. Measure the square footage, then you can figure the lbs per square foot. Sorry cant be more help. Good luck

8. grandview

well your going to be using between 4-6 bags each time. So you have about 25 bucks in salt so add some per hour cost to it and that's your price.

9. calvarylandscap

thanks that does help me out alot more