1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt and sanding Price

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow Down, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

Im just starting out and need to know a good price to put on sanding and salting. I have a parking lot that I have plowed for 2 year and now they have aske me to salt it. I have no idea on how to price this. It thack me 2 hours to plow. maybe 20 min to salt? Need some help pleas.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Depends on what the salt is going to cost you.
    Use the SEARCH to find what has been asnswered 100's of times already
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

salt it for free the first year if he buys the salt. this will give you a good chance to learn the ropes and it's only 20 minutes out of your night...
  4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Some guys charge per pound applied. Others charge per application. Sometimes guys charge an hourly truck rate on top of salt costs. I charge per pound if I am there plowing. Otherwise I charge per pound and a "trip fee" I call it if I am going there to salt only. Usually it's about a minimum of a half hour truck time for the trip fee for smaller lots.