1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Salt and Plow truck Drivers needed in MI asap!

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Land Design, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Land Design

Land Design Member

Hello,

We are looking for people in oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties. Please call if you can work one of the following postions.

Salt truck driver CDL - A
    Salt truck driver - non CDL
    Plow truck driver - our truck
    Plow truck driver - your truck (sub)

We are also looking for backups for these positions so please let us know if you can fill in part time if needed.

PLEASE CALL 586-372-1718

Thank you,
    Nick

2. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

what parts of wayne?

3. Superdudee

Superdudee Junior Member

you need a macomb area guy with a truck?

4. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

What parts of oakland?
    thanks
    Mark

5. Superdudee

Superdudee Junior Member

What is the pay for your own truck. with a plow. and what area of macomb.

6. Land Design

Land Design Member

as stated PLEASE CALL ONLY!

586-372-1718...........at this point all who are interested please call this comming tuesday, THANK YOU!

Nick

7. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Still need help??

Do you still need help? You requested for interested parties to call only, however you haven't answered the two messages I left for you.:dizzy:

8. Ian

Ian Member

GL insurance required with their company listed on it as well. Only looking for back up drivers. 50.00 per using your truck and plow.

9. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Are they nuts?

You would have to be crazy to insure another company in addition to yours, to only be a back-up driver (no guaranteed work to cover the cost) especially for only $50 per hour when you do get work from them. I was making more than that 5 years ago as a sub for a different company and their GL policy covered me!! I even had a copy of the policy to keep in my files.

10. Ian

Ian Member

I don't think you are actually insuring there company for them and I don't think it is that unusual of a request. I would have to increase my coverage to get the numbers they want and to add their company as being additionally insured. As a back up subcontract driver that may never get called, it just doesn't make sense. Now if I was one of their primary drivers, that would be a different story and one that I would probably go with. Although at 50 bucks, it is at the bottom end of the scale for sure.