1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by hunting white, Nov 14, 2009.

1. hunting white

hunting white Junior Member

I got a question about your pay package if you work for some one else.

What are you getting.

I know it is all different but what is your ratio on Base VS Commission or bonus.

If you were to sell 1,000,000 in business where would you end up?
  2. hunting white

Thanks to the guys who have PMed me. You make a good point about not letting your competition know what you are making. I would appreciate any of you who would pm me a range.

3. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

Is there anyone here willing to PM me this info as well?
  4. hunting white

Generally what I heard puts guy somewhere between 6-8% of Gross sales. Some Before benefits some after.

couple guys claimed 20%. Find that just a little hard to believe.
  5. W.F.D. Plower

W.F.D. Plower Member

I have heard people in my area making 20%. My question is can you make you sales person sign a contract so they don't leave you for your competitor? Some thing that woud stand up in court if you had too?
  6. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

you simple make them sign a non compete waiver. stating that if they leave the company to go out on there own or work for someone else, they can't contact any of your current clients for a period of time. You wouldnt be able to make it for ever but probably a few years.
  7. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

I paid someone %10 for sending me some contracts this year.