1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sale on Magic Salt !

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PINEISLAND1, Oct 20, 2004.

1. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

B]Sale on Magic Salt ![/B]

Truckload pricing, $ 6.00 per bag plus shipping !!

Click on our banner ad, or call now for the lowest prices around on bagged Magic Salt ! We use it, love it, and sell it. Have questions about use ? Give us a call or email today.

customerservice@snow-pros.com

2. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

Are you sure?

If you are an authorized distributor then how come you are not listed on the magic salt distributor list at www.magicsalt.com?

3. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

what size bags are they and how many come on a pallet. im in grand rapids area

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Can you ship to connecticut?How much would shipping cost.

5. PINEISLAND1

The site you mentioned is not a manufacturer site, its another distributor as we are. The manufacturers website is actually www.innovativecompany.com . The list on the site you mentioned is their sub distributors ( but you already knew that i think ;) , since you are one ). We have been distributors for quite a few years.

We can quote your area, just email with a zip code.

50 lb bags, 48 per skid.

Grand Rapids area of course you may pick up.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  6. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

7. VALLEYWIDEPA

VALLEYWIDEPA Member
    from pa

can anyone tell me how long magic salt lasts on the ground before the effectiveness wears off

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Till it gets wet from rain or melted snow to dilute. Otherwise, it'll just sit there, waiting for the next snow.

9. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

magic salt

Pineisland1
    can you please price out per pallet to 10308 -50lbs or 80's??thank you.
    JM

10. EEW

EEW Junior Member

Specifics

How many pounds of Magic salt do you need to spread per acre?

11. PINEISLAND1

That is a subjective thing , as in any salting situation talked about here. Every day is a new day, and temp of ground, air, rate of precip, amount of sun, etc., all play a part in the equation.

We definately use less Magic than regular salt, and I try to bid my regular salt jobs around 500 lbs per acre over a season average. Obviously, sometimes that may not be enough, and sometimes it handles it. Much of it comes down to just how fast you need to melt whats already on the pavement.

It always takes less to prevent an accumulation than to melt one that exists.

12. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

are there any distributors in the chicago area ?

13. PINEISLAND1

We cover that area. Let me know the zip code. Remember, trying to buy 2-3 skids at a time is usually not going to be cost effective, no matter how good of a deal you get on the salt. Shipping costs have really gone up lately with fuel costs the way they are !

14. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

I sub for some banks that require calcium or pot chloride on their walks..What is the actual ingredients of magic.

Also a quote for 2-3 pallets for 11777

Thanks

15. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Its regular rocksalt coated with a blend of distillers solubles and magnesium chloride. Lowers the effective temperature, seems to make the product go a little farther than reg salt.

16. EEW

EEW Junior Member

I need a price for bagged magic salt in the 44256 area code. Quote on 2 skids would be nice.