1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Said we destroyed her mailbox

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by americanlawn, Nov 27, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn Junior Member
    from Midwest

Problem is....we have not yet plowed snow this year. So whoever destroyed her maibox ain't us. Anybody else get "false attacks"? rscvp thanks:jester:
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

got one last year after someone backed into a light pole @ one of my driveways. Lady swore up and down it was me. I went back with the plow to try to line up the strike marks from all different angles to prove I didn't do it. She eventually backed down and went after someone else (turned out to be the garbage man according to her). Stay calm and offer an explanation
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I had a customer say I punched a hole in the garage door with my plow. While I have done that:cry: I didn't do it to this guy. I went over and we could not get the plow high enough to punch the hole. tuned out to be a pine tree branch that hit the door on the way down. When I plowed them I pushed the branch out of the driveway.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

just tell her i did it if you like. get them off your back. im far enough away im not to worried.
  5. I think Bribrius just answered all my snow plow prayers!
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

1992 We got sued for a slip and fall, man had broken arm. Received it " while trying to get out of his car which was obstructed by a snow pile the plaintiff slipped on the ice falling an fracturing his arm." Checking the date of the hospital report (ER), the ambulance records, and the weather records we asked to be dismissed due to the fact that it didn't snow for the first time that winter until 3 days after the incident. We were dismissed immediately.
  7. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

she just prepping you that she hasnt been able to get mail her so your bill may be a little late.damn lowballers taking out her mail box ,:nod:its a conspiracy i say...
  8. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

last year I had a crazy. yes CRAZY lady call me 5 times in a row leaving me NASTY voicemails telling me that she saw me push a pile of snow in her driveway and that I better get there and clean it out or she is calling the police...

the rage in her voicemails escalated from the first to the last voicemail...

thing is...

i was not even plowing in this lady's neighborhood, nor did i have any clue what she was talking about.

i called her back finally and she did not answer. I left a voicemail saying that I have no idea what she is talking about and that i didnt even plow in her city and that her city is 30 minutes from me, and I wouldnt have driven out there anyways...

didnt hear from her after that...
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a funny one!!!:dizzy::nod::nod:
  10. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Working for the DOT years ago plowing highways, there was one spot where there was a long row of mailboxes right off the edge of pavement. A couple mailboxes would either get knocked down or filled totally with snow each time it snowed, and of course we always got blamed for it and had to go fix them. (PITA in frozen ground) Turned out (once we caught him) a county motorgrader started his route there before turning on another road, always had his wing down there and was wiping them out...:gunsfiring: