1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sahara question

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by striker102, Jun 14, 2011.

1. striker102

striker102 Junior Member

I was looking into getting a 2011 Sahara. Like others here I was looking to put a plow on it. All of the plow sites have an EZ match to help you pick the plow that is right for you. My question is why do they not list the Sahara? Some will say Rubicon others will say Sport and some will just say Wrangler. Is it not possible to put a plow on a Sahara?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

The Sahara is just a trim level of the wrangler. extra weight in carpeting and padded seats? the mechanics of the jeeps are all the same (except Rubicon)
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not an issue, have installed a few, they work just fine.
  4. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

what kind of plow are you thinking about installing on it.?????
  5. striker102

striker102 Junior Member

Was thinking about a Sno-Way. There is a dealer located close to where I work. Thought it would be convenient....
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've installed a number of 22 series on Jeep Wranglers. Very good combination.
  7. bedwick

bedwick Junior Member

would a western hts 7' 6 work on this?
  8. striker102

striker102 Junior Member

My new set up

9. bschurr

bschurr Member

YEAH! Another NJ Jeep Plow but, your picture link is not working.
    You need to host pictures via a web hosted image repository like shutterfly or photobucket or imageshack and then add the link from there inorder to see it on the forum.
  10. striker102

striker102 Junior Member

11. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Nice plow and jeep
  12. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Very nice looking rig. Some air shocks in the front would make it look perfect (more level with plow raised).
  13. IndoorPlower

IndoorPlower Junior Member

I have a 09 sahara 4dr and a 12 sahara 4dr and they both sit on boss plows. Once you go boss you wont go back. TheplowM is right, rubicon is different like the old renegades. The plow you install varys on what type of use you need it for, personal or residental driveways, lots...Meyers would be my second choice if I had to settle for less.
  14. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Looks good. I agree with adding some
    help up front to fix the front end dive.
  15. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

X3 on the front support!