1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sagging myers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by smurf76, Apr 3, 2007.

1. smurf76

smurf76 Junior Member

Sorry if this is a repeat but the seach option was not working.

I have a F-250 V10 with a myers 7.5 that during the last storm kept sagging as I was going down the road. Not a big deal other that I had to keep hitting the up button on the key pad.

any suggestions? now that the rig is off and in the shed.

chad

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Look at the trouble shooting section of Meyer Plows. I would bet it's a bad valve or seal.Make sure your hoses and swivels are not leaking too. If you are losing fluid you have a hose or connection problem. If not it's an internal problem! The service manual for your pump,it can save you major bucks if you learn to repair it yourself.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

4. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

my V-66 pump was doing the same thing and it ended up being the pump check valve. It was good for another 6 hrs of plowing and now its doing it again. damn meyers:realmad:

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

When you say sagging do you mean leaking down??? If your constantly having to push up on the control it may be a bad "A" valve. There may be some crap caught in that valve or any of the other seals and o rings throughout the unit. It my need to be rebuilt.

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I had a New Meyer pump that did that to me, and it turned out there was a bolt that was not tightened inside, that chewed the seal up, they replaced that, and everything was fine

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

It could be either the A valve is messed up, or the top cap seal is torn and allowing fluid to seep past it, causing the leak-down. Also could be the packing cup inside, in which case the unit would need torn down and rebuilt. Also check the pump filters, as one could possibly be clogged. Meyer pumps are relatively easy to tear down and rebuild, just I would recommend a service manual to help guide you through the process.