1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sagging front end

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by z71offroad, Nov 25, 2004.

1. z71offroad

z71offroad Junior Member

The more I look at my truck the lower the front end seems to be getting. I don't plow, just daily driver/toy hauler/occasional off roader. Now I do hear that GM does set the trucks up with the front end lower. Is that on their newer trucks or on all the IFS trucks? It really looks like crap (to me). Do torsion bars fatigue or require torquing over time?

Thanks.

'94 1500 4x4
    100k miles

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

yeah, they do sag

i've got an 02 3500 dually that i carry a plow on and after two years i thought it was a little low and checked the specs on it and it was about 2 inches too low so we cranked the torsion bars all the way up on it to get the bumber back to new spec height. good luck, rob

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

It also kinda depends on how stiff your Tbars are too to begin with. I have not seen any real sag with mine on my 1 ton.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

torsion bars can become weak over time. On your truck you could probably look into GM's heavy duty version. But, don't get too carried away. The more you crank them up the less wheel travel you have when going over bumps, holes, etc. This will cause shock, break shocks, rough ride, etc.