1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Safety Plan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wenzelosllc, Oct 21, 2010.

1. wenzelosllc

wenzelosllc Senior Member

I'm working on a RFP and it says they want me to provide a 'safety plan that addresses all safety concerns'. This is my first commercial bid and don't want to sound like too much of a amateur by asking them.

I know I can handle the job, just not sure what they would want for this. Any help is appreciated.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I've never heard of including a safety plan with a snow plowing bid. Maybe a snow emergency response plan.

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

When I was doing bids for a large excavating outfit, our safety plan included morning tailgate meetings to address hazards that we may encounter on the site, making sure the guys knew where the fire extinguishers were, the locations of the first aid kits and paperwork that outlined what to do in case of an emergency or accident. Notify supervisor, call 911, etc.

4. wenzelosllc

wenzelosllc Senior Member

@ Brian, I've never heard of anyone needing one either but it's a new facility and perhaps they just want to make sure they don't have to be replacing things. I also know some of the execs and managers there and if it's not OSHA approved or manufacturer approved then it doesn't happen.

@ Cold, I figured they wanted something along those lines. Just wasn't sure what they were looking for but I think I can go off what you said here.

5. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

All this plus a posted list with addresses of nearest immediate care and or hospitals...