1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Safety First.. or Last!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 23, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

My buddy took this picture and sent it to me thinking that it was a stunt that I would likely be doing. I just don't get what goes through people's minds sometimes.:confused::eek:

167282_1767020305728_1545790680_1773706_7961565_n.jpg

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha it doesnt seem to safe but it sure would be funny to see

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen mulch worse...

4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

thats really not that bad haha I've seen guys put hands in a chipper's drum to retrieve a dropped bolt when the engine was still running and the clutch could've easily been engaged!

5. DeereFarmer

OK, I've seen way worse too hahaha. Still pretty dumb. I bet that bucket is nice and icy after days of pushing back piles.

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

i see that lazaro loader plow every storm i cut threw that shopping center every strom my lots are right down the road for there

7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Honestly...I think I'd rather be tied off inside a loader bucket than dangling on the end of a ladder sitting on a slicked pavement. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

8. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

Why not just go up on the roof and push it down from the top?.:confused:

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:nod::nod:

10. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

been there done that, not to bad when the bucket is curled all the way back, deffinatly felt safe then on a ladder

11. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Personally I would do it, but never allow an employee to do it. Heck at the farm I have been on top of a 8ft step ladder in a fully raised backhoe bucket trimming trees around fields. Some of the stupider moments of my life.

12. DeereFarmer

What lots do you do?

13. DeereFarmer

It must just be that I'm scared to death of heights. An 8' ladder is high enough for me.:laughing:

14. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

at the other end of that shopping center which is to the right of this picture comes out to knox trail rd and there are two buildings i do and one down the road only like 2 minutes from there in west concord.

15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I agree.....OSHA would have a field day with that though

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Same here I have done that a few times with my tractor. much safer than a ladder IMO

17. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I agree, I have been on sites (not snow plowing) that got busted for a whole lot less then this....

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Looks to me that building is not code. There should be some kind of bar preventing the snow from slipping down.

19. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

20. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

hahahahaha