1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Safety Chain on Blizzard 760LT?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butters, Nov 29, 2004.

1. butters

butters Member

Just wondering what kind of safety chain (or similar) system the Blizzard plows have (760 LT in my case)? I have heard about some pin that goes in the frame in case there is a hydraulic failure, but would this also be used as a safety measure during travel down the road as well? For example would you put the pin in while you were driving to prevent the plow from collapsing if it were to fail? I realize that failures of this nature are rare, but I am new to this and am curious.

2. butters

butters Member

Bump^ for repsonse...

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Butters,
    I have the 760LT. Dealer told me that in the case of breakdown you run the plow up a pile and insert pin under the A frame. The pin can be used also in transport if you plan on driving a great distance.

Buck

4. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Hmmm....I wonder if the same hold true for Boss since they have similar (chainless) setups?? :confused:

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Duplantisjj,
    Did they give you an extra pin when you bought the plow? They had given me one and I had no clue what it was for, I finally asked them if the pins tend to snap since they'd given me an extra and then they told me what it was for.

Buck