1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Safest for new concrete - CMA?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Popozuda, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Popozuda

Popozuda Junior Member

Money is no object. What's the safest way to treat new concrete? I don't really want to get into liquid applications (unless everyone raves about it). I've heard CMA is the best, I've been thinking about CMA mixed with some sand. It's only for walks and the top deck of a parking garage. On the roadways I'll most likely be using Magic Salt.

If money was no object, what would you do?

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

if money was no object i tear up the walkways and lay down heated walkways lol
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I have 6 bags of Cryrotech CMA sitting in my shop, expensive as heck and does very little.
  4. BeSeenGraphics

BeSeenGraphics Member

Hehehe, Awesome. I'd love to have heated walkways. Unfortunately, it is an object for me. We use calcium chloride on all cement walkways.
  5. briles

briles Junior Member
    from iowa

hi everyone, iam new to this site.i was hoping someone could e-mail me back with info on what to use on my accounts parking lots. is it safe to use calsiun choride. please e-mail me back at mbriley@evertek.net.i could use all the help......thanks
  6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

A company that I know uses CMA and they get no result out of it so they mix in calcium with it and then it works good.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Totally defeats the purpose of the CMA, I have a feeling the customer doesn't know.
  8. briles

briles Junior Member
    from iowa

I guess my other question would be.what is the best product to use with a western M-1000 salt spreader. thanks
  9. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran