1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sadly another plow death

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by badranman, Jan 26, 2005.

1. badranman

badranman Senior Member

read the story here.

2. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Man I hate seeing things like that happen!

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks that someone died like that.
    last winter here a college student was killed when he crossed the centerline and went head on with a pickup with a plow. both had been drinking too.

4. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

This is so sad. You guys be careful out there. we are having another busy day.

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I also heard about a 10 yr old girl getting killed in New York by a Snowplowing service this past weekend...

Very sad

6. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

ANOTHER SAD DEATH..............

Last night in Palermo NY (north of Syracuse NY) a man was struck and killed
    by a private snowplow operator. The man was walking down a rural 2 lane road from his disabled car when he was struck from behind by a passing snow plow. It was snowing at the time.............

I haven't seen todays Syracuse newspaper for details. Just what was reported on the TV news............

7. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

Just the thought scares the sh#t outta me.

8. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Here's an update:

Man was collecting mail when run over by plow in driveway
    ANTIGONISH - Antigonish RCMP are continuing their investigation into the death of a senior killed by a snowplow earlier in the week.

A 78-year-old man was rushed to St. Martha's Regional Hospital Tuesday afternoon after he was run over by a plow contracted to clear his driveway in Lower South River, which is about a 10-minute drive from Antigonish

Apparently he was walking down his driveway to get the mail and the plow was backing down at the same time. The driver never seen him until it was too late. It said on the radio no charges will be laid. I guess we should tell our customers to remain inside while plowing is taking place....