1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sad News -EricELM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, Mar 27, 2002.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone should be aware that EricELM passed away this evening at 8:10 PM. He suffered a fatal brain aneurysm. Eric had been very sick as a result of a recent heart attack that most were aware of. In keeping with Eric’s unfailing giving attitude, his organs were donated so that others might benefit from his continuing generosity.

Details of final arrangements will be forthcoming soon. Please pray for Eric and his family. They have lost a father and husband, we have lost a friend, and the industry has lost a giant.

2. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Sorry to hear....

My thoughts go out to all who were close to him...
    I will miss him here.:(

3. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

My prayers and thoughts go out to Eric's family and friends. Eric will be deeply missed by all of us with his unending advice and thoughtfulness.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I just talked to him the other night. As other's have said, words can't describe our feelings. :(

I believe in the "pay it forward" concept. When I talked Eric into building his own first website years ago, he pounded me with questions. I answered every one of them, and did all I could to help him... I even got to the point of calling him Pop like his sons.

Eric clearly believed in the pay it forward concept as well. Hopefully others will pay it forward in his memory.

~Chuck Smith

I just wanted to add this picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2002
  5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Chuck, I don't know what to say - I "chatted" with Eric on AIM just a week ago. Checking my E-mails before heading out to plow I saw the news........................... :(

Agreed on the "pay it forward" concept - when I started helping to moderate (and it wasn't that long ago) Eric was very helpful in explaining what was required and answering my many "Help!" messages.

Thanks for posting the pic Chuck - I only knew Eric thropugh the forums and via E-mail but was looking forward to meeting him in person this summer.

6. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver Senior Member

As I said on Lawn Forum this morning after hearing the new's that we are all going to miss his proffesionalism and expert advice. He helped me in many ways over the years. Everyone say prayers for his family to give them strength to get threw these sad times. Eric left a legacy for all of us to follow.
    " God must have a special lawn to mow and he wanted the best to mow it" W'ell Miss You Eric!!

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I couldnt beleieve the sad news. Although i never met him in person, he seemed like such a nice guy. He will be missed.

8. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

MY heart goes out to all of his family. GOD BLESS HIM.

9. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

I was very saddened to here such news about Eric.I never had the opportunity to talk or meet Eric personally and i wish i had.Our prayers and thoughts are with his family. Eric gave so much to so many and i for one gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from his ability to bring this industry a little closer.God bless his family.
    Thnaks Eric for all you have done for me and the rest of us here.
    John Parker

10. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I couldn't believe it. I do not know him much, but I do know that he was a great guy. May God bless him.

11. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

I am one of the many here that never met Eric in person. That doesn't make reading this sad news easier. Anyone that has lost a father, spouse, friend or anyone close certainly shares the emotions. His words will live on in this forum, and he will never be forgotten.

12. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

We are all saddened by this terrible news.
    Our thoughts and prayers will be with the family.
    Our condolences,
    The Kemery family

13. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I am crushed by this news. Eric was a lawn cutting god, and a great friend to all of us. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

Zack

14. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Our thoughts and condolenses go to his family.

15. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

God bless his family. We'll all miss this generous wonderful man.

Bruce

16. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

That's terrible... just terrible. My thought's and prayers go out to his family. God bless Eric... take care.

17. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

May he rest in peace.

18. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

To Erics family...... our sympathy and blessings
    go out to all of you.!!!!
    He will be missed !
    George Bradshaw and family......aka sonjaab

19. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

I did not know the man, but if they responses on here are any measure of who he was, he must have been one hell of a guy. To those of you who knew him, consider yourselves, just that much luckier. For one who did not, my deepest sympathy to his family and friends.