1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sacraficial Annode for Vehicles.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by White Gardens, Feb 1, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Anybody know if there is a company out there selling them. I'd like to try and find something to help preserve my vehicles without having to do major cleaning and repair every year. I know they make them for marine use, and was curious if there is a automotive version.
  2. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Good thought-but won't work. In a nutshell, the only reason they work in water environments is due to the difference in the galvanic potential between the metals. The dissimilar materials are making a mini battery using the saltwater as an electrolyte. Without an electrolyte-galvanic corrosion doesn't happen-which means all you will do is bolt zinc blocks on to your truck that will corrode faster than the frame-and do nothing to protect it.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

This has been discussed before. with the same answer as above