1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saber plow lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Don H, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Don H

Don H Junior Member
    from Ma

I installed an MDll on my 99 Dodge with Sabre lights . Heres what it does ..The truck has single headlights . The plow lights work but dim espically on high beam . Low beam they are brighter . When I put them on there is a feed back because the high beam indicator stays on both on high beam and low beam. I have replaced the modules and have the correct wiring . The ground for the factory headlights is in the cab of the truck according to the wiring diagram while the ground for the module is to the battery . The truck also has a antitheft device hooked up to the directionals . Has anyone expirenced this dim light problem with the 99 Dodge and if so what was done to correct it . The original lights work perfect but not the plow lights :
    Thanks Don

2. Whip

Whip Member

Sounds like the wrong headlight adapter. You need a 07106 unless it's a Sport model-then you need 07221

3. Don H

Don H Junior Member
    from Ma

I know about the wire adaptors and I have the 07106 adaptors

4. Whip

Whip Member

For some reason, I remember a service bulletin about an adapter that had the wiring incorrect but can't locate it and not sure if it related to Dodge or not.

You could look at this: Colored wire adapter chart and double check that the wiring is indeed proper.

Only other thing I can think of is temporarily cut the alarm out of the system and see if you still have the issue.

5. Don H

Don H Junior Member
    from Ma

Saber Lights

Problem Resolved

It appears as though I was trying to make a kit # 07102 work on the system and even though they look like a 07106 harness the Blue & White wires are in different places . It caused the problem I described . I installed a new harness and everything works just fine . I did receive some help from Meyres web site too . Thanks for your help . Now if it would only snow . Haven't had any yet this year . Can you believe that?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  6. Whip

Whip Member

I have come close to doing the same thing as they are very similar.
    We got 2 dustings on Fri and Sat mornings. That's been it. Calling for flurries and freezing rain tonight into morning.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, they'll make you pull your hair out if you don't realize the slight difference between the 07102's and the 07106. I learned that one the hard way one time too. Whip, did you find the bulletin you mentioned? I can't seem to find one for this either. Lemme know.

8. Whip

Whip Member

Not yet as I have been trying to get my paperwork together for taxes and haven't had time to look. I could be entirely wrong but for some reason it's in my head.:confused: I'll look for it though. I'm thinking it was around 2002.