1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Saber Light Modules Red Wire?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nascar24, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I recently got a set of Saber light modules with a Red wire, they were from a NissanTitan, according to http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-891.pdf they show they need a fused feed from the battery, my question is this: Can these modules be used on any other make of truck, just by hooking up the red wire? or are they Nissan only?

Thanks
    Jay

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're just the newest style "type 2" modules that Meyer released for the 2007 and newer trucks Jay. You can use them on any vehicle as long as you have the harness's that go with them.

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

The harnesses look the same as all the older ones, just the additional red wire coming out of the molded box. I know the latest ones that come with the Saber 2's have the red wire incorporated into the plug in harnesses, and the older harnesses won't work with these new modules, this one just caught me off guard because I've never seen any like them before.

Jay

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok you have the 07345 style with the extra red batt + wire Incorporated directly into the module that still used the same plug's as the previous modules. Those were the first "new style" modules until they changed again to the current 07347 ones that have a different "B" connector port. IIRC they were first released for the Toyota's...