1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s8 valve?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by djagusch, Dec 16, 2010.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I have an early model vx and had the valve body upgrade last year. The same thing is somewhat happening now. Hit a wing in or out the other starts to move the same direction at a slower rate. Over the last storm I had a leak and caused some issues but the plow shop cleaned everything up but the down function was really slow and finally got stuck up. I took the s1b valve out and cleaned it up and works like a charm.

Is the wing thing described sound like the s8 valve leaking/not shut fully?

Plow shop is way behind and trying to be proactive. Thinking I can pull the valve clean and put it back in. If it is not that valve any ideas?

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The only thing I've seen cause that problem with the new valve body is the relay module not being plugged in all the way. Unplug the little black box by the power unit (it has a 5 pin connector). Check the pins to make sure nothing is bent, and plug it back in and push until it clicks.

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I dropped it at Plow World because the s1b valve got gummed up again. It's not metal filings in it more of a black rubbery material, maybe lift cylinder packing material as it is fluid flowing back from there. The wing thing was fine when I dropped it off but was pretty constant before the down function quit working again. I'm sure they will get it figured out but they have been at it almost 24/7 since Saturday with the storm that hit us.