1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S300 Tires

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by tom5301, Feb 26, 2011.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

Ok guys I need some help I have a S300 with a protech 10 ft pusher withe regular tires Im loosing traction real bad.I tried chains and we tore them off I wanted some ideas cheapest and the best can any body help me out.
  2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Cheapest and best should NEVER be used in the same sentance lol. You will get the best traction with a set of wolfpaw tires and rims but they are not cheap and should only be used for snow. Another option is a set of tires like solideal lifemaster tires. I am told they are much better in the snow than stock tires but are for year round use, I plan on trying a set soon.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I have a set of runflats similar to the soliddeal tires on my s185 rental.. they are not that great in the snow... because they get cold they loose the flexibility and become hard and want to spin.
  4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

I run the solideal lifemaster skz's. They're great. The first snowfall of the year, it was slick and trucks were sliding around, the skid stayed put and got good traction. Year-round tires as well. The wolfpaws would probably be better, but my lifemasters only cost about $210 each/installed at our shop. I'm happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.