1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S300 snow pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by tom5301, Oct 24, 2010.

1. tom5301

tom5301 Member

I just bought a S300 2 speed with a protech 10 foot pusher how much faster will it push big parking lots then a 3/4 ton with a 8.2 boss plow just trying to figure out how much it will clear on a 3 inch snow per hour thanks

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Some more experienced guys will chime in. I run a S300 2 speed with a 8ft plow and no wings and can still out plow a 3/4 ton with a 8.5ft straight blade. I would say you can probably plow the same lot in 1/2 the time. Have any pics of your skid with the pusher? would love to see it because I am getting ready to order a 10ftprotech for my S300.
    Thanks
    Robert

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I will agree and disagree. In most lots all day long truck will not be able to touch you but if the lot is to long or to long of a push trucks will fly by you. Either way you have a awsome setup and it will be very productive, play major role in your fleet, and will be faster then a truck most of the time. SIMA has the production rate figures, they will show you square footage per hour per machine. There rate are pretty acurate but are not land speed records but they should be very helpful.

4. tom5301

tom5301 Member

bumppppppppppppppp

5. capitolseal

capitolseal Junior Member

i ran an s330 with a 12 foot box this past winter...absolutely kills a truck plowing. Besides the width (12 ft over 8 ft plow) the thing is constantly plowing. With a truck you lose your turnaround time or backup time. bobcat can turn in 3 seconds so its much more efficient. only problem with a box is that the amount of snow dictates the usable width. if you have 12 inches to push you're not going to be able to use the whole box because you'll get too much snow in front and the bobcat won't push it. granted a 12 ft box is a little ambitious for a skidsteer but i bought it used, probably go with a 10 ft next time.

6. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

Long shot parking lots trucks rule but parking spaces with allot of islands and small places to pile snow then skid loader will be the best bet. With a truck you have speed on your side while windrowing and you can keep the rows smaller by spreading them out with speed and with a skid loader the wind rows start to get heavier and tall. Both have their place.

7. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Our A300 w/ 10' pusher can double the production of a 8' plow truck on a big lot. Once you get to open space, the plow truck has a low efficiency with moving the snow a long distance. They work side by side in a 120k sq-ft open lot and is is no contest.