1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s250 Long axle ??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by vic3500, Nov 8, 2012.

1. vic3500

vic3500 Member

Long story short ...just broke down and tried to order a set of Lifemasters (other post discussing this)

I sent these pics to the MWE sales guy and he said it looks like I may have a custom order axle?? Says standard wheels will make my S250 even wider than it is now? It already loogs pretty froggy...

I am not a Bobcat expert, and barely know what this guy's talking about. Can any body explain this to me in layman terms??

photo 1-5.jpg

photo 2-4.jpg

photo 3-5.jpg

photo 4-3.jpg

photo 5.jpg
  2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have never seen or heard of anything like that. In the pictures the defiantly look longer. Could you take a picture from behind the machine?
  3. vic3500

vic3500 Member

I'm out of town right now, but the sales guy had me measure and it was 71 across the wheels. I'm guessing my pics just made it look worse cuz of camera angle
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

They do have spacers, do yo have those on it ?
    It is also possible the tire/rims offset.
  5. stoneexc2

stoneexc2 Member

bobcat shows that machine as 72" wide to me it looks stock and I don't know of an option for wider axles

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I had spacers on my tires and the rims were flipped to allow me wide steel tracks on my s300.
  7. vic3500

vic3500 Member

I think it's stock, I don't think it's g
  8. vic3500

vic3500 Member

I think it's stock, I don't think it's got spacers. Especially thinks its 72 inches. I looked up some pics online and it looks like the s250 wheels stick out a bit normally. I went ahead and ordered them. I'll post when i get em on
  9. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

I always thought it looked like mine stuck out a bit far on my 250. Looks about normal to me, but I can measure tomorrow for you if it would help.
  10. vic3500

vic3500 Member

Thanks Sure that mIght help, I purposely took the pics to show how extreme it looked, but going by factory specs, I'm thinking it's just an s250 quirk. Just an FYI to anyone who might be interested the wheels they are sending me are 4 inch offsets, supposed to be factory spec