1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s175 bobcat. big enough for snow duty?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by trqjnky, Aug 23, 2011.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Found a decent deal on a bobcat s175. Would it be big enough for snow duty? Stacking snow and maybe a 10 ft push box or even just a truck blade? Only reason I have for a skid is snow and loading a v box
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

For that machine, I would do dedicated snow tires & an 8ft pusher.

That machine also has enough lift height/reach to load most tandem dumps.
  3. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

so i would do alright with it then?:mechanic:
  4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You could do GREAT with it...depends on how good of an operator you are(or the guy you have run it is) and matching it correctly to jobs it will excell at.
  5. bbct001

bbct001 Member

The S175 is a great snow machine, but I'd go with an 8' pusher. The 10' will work for small storms and short pushes, but if you really load up the box you'll have trouble.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

yeah i hav 1 it works great for doing snow , great lift capacity, great for doing walkways as well
  7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We have used a S185 for a number of years. Virtually same machine. We have used used a custom built 9' box and currently use a 10' Daniels Wing Plow. No issues and very dependable!
  8. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

we use a s185 for resi's... never had a push box on it but it handles a 8' blade just fine... heavy snows youll just need a running start... i don't think i would put a 10' box on it... 8 would be most i would think for the 175