1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s10???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Premier, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Premier

Premier Senior Member

ive got a 85 s10 no crank no start. good voltage and amps @ battery, dome light comes on as well as head lights. there is no power to ant thing else!?!? any ideas?

2. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Has the trk been sitting for a while ????? Tap on the starter a few times....Could be rust...

3. Premier

Premier Senior Member

no truck was running the other day. i have no power to radio, fan eithor.

4. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

check all your fuses? check power to the ignition, power to the coil, power to the starter and solenoid?
    I freakin hate electrical problems!:dizzy:

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

This truck has been pretty good to me bought it for 500 5 years ago so i cant complain too much but i agree i hate electrical. checked fuses all are good, now i have begun the wire chase. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG :realmad:

6. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Do the headlights work? Check your batter connections and clean them. Make sure you have a good ground. The dome light might have just enough of a connection to work but a bigger drain may not.

7. jwkv

jwkv Member

A fused link blown somewhere? I don't have a manual fro the s10 handy to tell you where to look for them unfortunately

8. Premier

Premier Senior Member

update: there was a dead cell in the battery, so that took care of one problem going to try isolation of the systems any more ideas and help are great, thank you

9. Premier

Premier Senior Member

ok so we got the new battery in, found blown fuse link & replaced, now i have no fuel pressure. thought it was the pump the tank was rusted bad so we replaced the pump, sending unit, and tank still nothing replaced the f/p relay. still nothing, ive got .6 voltes on 1 wire and .42 volts on the other. I belive there needs to be atleast 2 volts @ the pump? also the guage is reading 3/4 of a tank but the tank is empty!! Also if you jump the relay you get nothing but if you pull off the batteery the pump will run.. Any ideas?

10. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

11. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

by bass it all and run a switch for the fule pump or wire it to the igniton. so wen u tirn it on the pump will run fixed lol no more looking for bad wires if not thare are fuse for the pump look to see if it is bad. i have done this in the past and have it done that way on my chevy it is a fast fix

12. daninline

daninline Senior Member

will this truck have a one of the shut off switches that might need to be reset, I forgot what they call them

13. mr.muddmotors

mr.muddmotors Junior Member

inertia switch? probably not on that make and model

by bass it all and run a switch for the fule pump or wire it to the igniton. so wen u tirn it on the pump will run fixed lol no more looking for bad wires if not thare are fuse for the pump look to see if it is bad. i have done this in the past and have it done that way on my chevy it is a fast fix [/QUOTE]

true but not necessarily all that safe, nothing to shut off the pump after an accident. iniertia sw. oil press. sw.

works great till you're out plowing at 3:00 am and get smaked by a drunk. fuel line breaks, pumps still running,you're unconsious?: thas a no good

or possibly not having the circuit running off a relay. 20+ year old fuel tank starts clogging the filter after how many hours pushing. possibly short to ground on a non protected circuit. amperage draw?:yow!:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009