1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s10 with atv plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lilbear, Jan 2, 2010.

1. lilbear

lilbear Junior Member

thought id ask for some help ,got 96 s10 2wd that i was thinking of putting my atv blade on it have to fab a little bit but nothing to hard i live in indianapolis in we dont get much snow four to six inches at best sometimes more. i used my atv to plow a handful of straight drives mainly for the past years i sold my 553 bobcat with 6 foot blade stopped useing it took a real job for a change i got a small blade it is a john deere brand it is very light weight with trip spings ,shoes etc at a yard sell for thrity bucks so i got ride of my old blade weight was in the range of 150lb or better (old school heavy)the new one with belly mount and all is maybe 100lb tops very light weight so my question is how are these blades in the working world would this be a waste of time due to the light weight it is five foot wide figured i could add some homemade wings to get extra 6 or 8 inches its about 12 inches tall it brand new but could not see a model number on it let me know what you think good bad or ugly my truck is lil under 5foot wide tire to tire