1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S10 V8 Oil Pan

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 86burban, Feb 20, 2004.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

My buddy and I are putting a 350 in a 1988 S10 2wd pickup. I was wondering where we could get the oil pan besides JTR. We got the mounts and dont feel like fooling around with mail order catalogs. We just want to get the pan and get it done already.

Thanks

Tony

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

TONY........My bud across the street has a 90 S-10 with a 350
    auto in it. STREET ROCKET !!! Simple drop in ! Even the V-6 engine mounts will work. Just change their position where they are mounted on the frame ! The only PIA is you have to take the bolts out of the body to frame mounts and jack the body up some CAREFULLY
    to put in the trans. to engine bolts. TIGHT back there ! But thats only necessary if your putting it together in 2 pieces.
    You should not have to swap the oil pan! But you will have to
    unbolt the steering shaft to hook up the exaust manifolds.

NOTE : This only applies if the truck has a V-6 in it already.

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

if its only a 2wd then id take the trans out of the truck and bolt together on the floor then reinstall it....Rob

4. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

One problem, what do I do about the electric fuel pump? Its for the four cylinder and its in the tank. I dont know what to do if I have to disconnect it. How do I rewire the fuel gauge and get it to work again?

Thanks

Tony