1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s10 strobe questions

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by z-ck, Nov 21, 2008.

1. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

i recently got an '01 s10 sportside...i wanna put a strobe in both tail lights and front turn signals but i dont exactly know which kind to get...i dont want two million patterns to choose from just the standard three flash one side, three flash other side back and forth kinda thing....whats the cheapest kinda kit i could get to do this with or the best kit for this project?

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

remember that you get what you pay for so cheapest isn't always best. I would recommend a whelen csp690 kit with 4 bulbs.

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

you can get a sho-me 60 watt 6 outlett for like about $250 range .. thats what i payed for mine ..

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i second that

5. BlueLine Ent

You can get a 90Watt Whelen with 6 outlet, 4 bulbs, for that price.

6. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

250$ is a little pricey for...whats all the package

7. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

edit: what all does the package include..(stupid oversized typos)

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

cable harness, strobe heads, gromets, power supply, and fuse.

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You'll need a switch to turn it on or off, you can do simple toggels if you want or go with something a little better.

10. BlueLine Ent

Exactly, it has everythiing except switches and the wires to run to your battery.

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i got some used supplys and stuff in the for sale section if you want....you can save a lot of money that way with all new lights but a used supply that works great....they last almost forever..

12. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

i'll go to the for sale section and look into it thanks...right now my favorite kit is the plasmaglow full kit...has all the same stuff as the whelen plus a switch whitch has a couple displays on it and an option to wire it into my security system....i prolly wont buy anything till next year when i get my job going but i like to get info before i buy things
    heres the kit i'm talkin about

http://www.plasmaglow.com/catalog/p...d=124&osCsid=94793deb7928406db5e6eef0ec718b3a

13. BlueLine Ent

If those are led as they say they are then 250 is very cheap and I would be concerned. Buyer beware. Also any strobes can be interfaced to activate with an alarm if you know the tech behind wiring.

14. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

they have a lifetime warranty against failures...and my dads certified in the electronics stuff so theres no chance of me voiding said warranty during installation...whats the dis/advantages of led verses standard strobes?

15. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you can get whelen vertex leds for 66 each right now at tac2...

240 for 4 heads...can;t beat that....and they work with alarms..hell even flash at arm and disarm if you want.

dude, i just watched that video....good luck with those...they look pretty bad to me...any whelen you even try to photograph jams up the cmera bad...glares liek hell...

i wouldn;t touch those unless i was putting them into a 80's civic...but post up if you buy them with pictures and stuff...i may be wrong..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  16. z-ck

z-ck Junior Member

i just want something relatively cheap for show...i'm not plowing or doing anything where i need to be seen i just want a set of head/taillight strobes for parkin lot parties...if i do get em i'll post my results in good detail