1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S10/Sonoma Guys need help !!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by extremerider44, Oct 12, 2004.

1. extremerider44

extremerider44 Junior Member

hey guys name is nick i am sort of new here been saving up money for a small plow maybe a homesteader or a small fisher Which one? I have a 98 GMC sonoma Highrider Single cab 4x4 with zr2 suspension my main problem is at the front of the truck there is a metal skid plate at the front that protects the oil filter there is an opening at the front that has a small hatch where u change the oil filter. Can i take this skid plate off to put a plow on it i just don't want or should i not remove the plate because the oil filter and lines are behind it any help guys would be awesome i just wanted to start plowing small driveways aroudn the my neighbor and family memebers nothing to big and huge yet any suggestions or help of hints to this problem will be great thank u guys

NICK :waving:

2. extremerider44

extremerider44 Junior Member

here is a picture of my kinda of truck i drive but this is not my truck just want to show a picture of what i am talking about the skid plate is under the front of the truck

474115_1.jpeg

3. c_maint

c_maint Member

If you find a set up that is ment for your truck you might not have to do anything about your skid plate. I don't see how that would be a problem anyway. good luck.

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

"IF" i remeber right, you need to just notch the skid plate to put a western/fisher on your truck. There was an issue with zr2's sitting up to high to get the plow to sit at the right pitch. If yours sits about like the one pictured, you should be ok though.

5. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't think the one pictured is a ZR2. There has been a post on here from a guy that does plow with a ZR2. I think he was running a Fisher LD series. It was listed in the Fisher kit selection guide for the S-10's in the first part of the final generation S-trucks.

If I could find one I would go with an LD Fisher as my first choice.

6. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Keep the skid plate on, and buy a BLIZZARD model 680LT or 720LT plow(s). Both are very good plows for that vehicle, installed quite a few last season. You will be very happy with a BLIZZARD and you can still keep the skid plate.

:waving:

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I'm running a 97 S15 Jimmy with a Fisher LD. The plastic "skid plate" needs to be replaced with the metal "skid plate" and notched. Fisher doesn't offer this plow anymore for this truck so you have to look hard for a used one. I found mine here in equip for sale section!

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I seen meyers and fisher on the high riders myself they seem to do ok imo