1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

S10 Problems

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by joe2511, Feb 25, 2006.

1. joe2511

joe2511 Junior Member

I am in the process of installing a snowway plow 25d on my s10, everything is hooked up except for the lights. I have a 1999 chevy s10 zr2 with daytime running lights, and automatic headlights. The harness we are trying to use is off a dodge truck. Going through the processes we keep getting diffrent results. Is there any special things that must be done to wire this type of truck. Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You need the proper adaptors and harness. Which headlights does the truck have, quad, quad composite, dual sealed beams? let me know and I'll get you the proper part numbers.

3. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

I had the same problem hooking the lights up to my 2000 zr2, so i just ran switches to the cab for each one, little bit more work but it got to the point were I was pulling my hair out!

Ivan

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

not suprizing with the western million relay wiring system.

5. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Yeah, I was told that I needed 2 relays, but all of the diagrams said three. THen it was calling for wires that I couldn't seem to locate so I finnally said F it, took the test light to the plow side harness and figured out which wires went to each light. I have it kind of jerry rigged right now, just the headlights working but when I get some time I'll get the markers and flashers going.

Ivan

6. joe2511

joe2511 Junior Member

truck headlights

the truck has quad composite

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Adapter 96100411, Harness 96100197. you may (or may not) have the correct harness depends on the year and model of the dodge. The way to tell if the harness is correct, the 197 harness has a body ground on the diver's side of the harness. Dodge never used the 411 adp. so you will definitely need them.
    Oh invest in front suspension upgrades and a higher load range tires.
    How was the mount to install? The snoway guide says it doesn't fit the ZR2?

8. joe2511

joe2511 Junior Member

Where can I find these parts online. The mount was not bad to put on the hardest part of the whole thing is the light wiring . These adapter will work with a 1999 s10 with drl . The bramd of the lites are truck lite.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure the lights are factory Snoway? What does the harness look like? does it have a relay attached or is it an aftermarket kit? It would be ashame to buy the factory harnesses and it be a aftermarket light kit.

10. joe2511

joe2511 Junior Member

the lites are made by truck-lite, Does this company make light for snoway or is this a aftermarket light kit.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

At one point truck lite make lights for snoway and meyers, and a bunch of other people, but they where always branded snoway, meyer, etc. You probably have a set of truck lites from one of the discount houses. Do the lights have a white wire connecting them together? do you have a 8 terminal relay? Do you have any kind of switch? If you have a switch does it have 6 terminals? Do you have 6 wires with female spade terminals of which 1 is pink and 1 is blue?
    answer ascmany as you can and we'll see what we can figure out

12. joe2511

joe2511 Junior Member

there is a white wire connection them, i believe it is a eight terminal relay, on the plugs coming off the light one has 2 male 4 female, and the other plugh is the opposite so that they fit inside of each other.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Great! It is a Snoway light set up! You need the 197 harness and the 411 adaptor. and you should be in business.

I sent you a PM