1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

s10 pics

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phoenix827, Nov 19, 2003.

1. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Hey there everyone! New guy here with a favor to ask.
    Does anyone on here have a 88-89 S10 with air, cruise control and an older (under-hood hydraulics) setup that they plow with?
    I am going NUTS here trying to get my "used plow in a box" installed! What I have is an older Fisher setup.
    I know I need to get the bracket that the pump mounts on, but what I need is pics of how it all fits under the hood.
    I am looking for a couple clear pics of the pump mounting AND how the valve assembly mounts on the fender with the cruise controls.
    Were you able to put the pump on the drivers side? Or did it have to go on the pass side? Any ideas? You can send pics to phoenix827@yahoo.com if you don't want to post them here. Thanx guys! Hope you can help!
    Chris

BTW, nice site! Looks like you guys know your stuff!

2. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Anyone? I know it's a wierd set-up, (sort of like me! ) But I thought someone else would have one!:D

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

You can go to fisherplows . com and click on documents in .pdf format with parts lists diagrams and install instructions. I dont think they have underhood pics but it tells you in text where to mount stuff, check it out.

4. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Ya, I got that, and had a dealer digging to see what he could find. Same thing I downloaded! lol
    I just don't see how it is all supposed to fit. Theres not a lot of room in there.
    Think I am just gonna yank the cruise for the winter so I can use the space. Thanx for the help tho!
    Chris

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Sorry, I am currently going through a similar issue. Had to order pump bracket for my 1987 F250 with a FI 300 6 with a/c. There are brackets for w w/o a/c and w/o a/c Two different deals using different pumps, what a mess. Even my Fisher dealer got under truck and couldnt figure how it goes together. Seems I have an aftermarket a/c compressor which makes differences enough that I can't use the bracket designed to keep a/c. I have to remove a/c compressor and bracket and use the bracket for non a/c trucks. Oh well switch over in spring and back in fall. Gladly you don't need a/c and plow at the same time. Good luck!